|Posted on Monday, October 11, 2010 - 12:33 pm: |
When requesting assistance from us with a GPS problem, please consider the following guidelines:
1. Please give us as much information as possible about your GPS problem. Please include the make and model number.
2. A quote form MUST be filled out in order to obtain a quote. We need address information so that we can properly determine return shipping costs. We will provide you with information on how to request a quote from us. The quote form will also provide us with additional information to accurately diagnose the problem with your GPS.
3. Please do not attack us or email us because our automated quote page may be down. We are aware when it is down. We are ALWAYS busy but we can often take additional units in for repair. A good business will not take in more units for repair than they have resources to repair them. Having units sit on the shelf for several days or weeks only results in customers contacting us to inquire about the status of their repair. This only slows down the entire repair process for everyone. If you need your unit repaired quickly and our automated quote page is down, please feel free to contact another repair facility or the factory. You may also post your GPS problem in our "problems" area on our forum. We are very pro-active in answering posted questions. Be sure to post your question in the proper category or it may be deleted.
4. Please do not point blame at us for any inconveniences you have experienced because your GPS is broken. We are not the only repair facility around. Use common sense and courtesy. Offensive and/or attacking emails or postings of this nature will be deleted and not answered. You are only hurting your chances in having us help you.
5. Please give us ample time to respond to your questions before reposting. There are many other people with GPS problems too. Each question is answered in the order that it is received.
6. Should you decide to accept our quote, it is important that you tell us as soon as possible when you will be sending your unit to us and provide any associated tracking information. It is also important to make your payment promptly to us, so we can reserve parts for your repair and send your repaired unit back to you without delay. If we do not hear back from you and/or the PayPal invoice is not paid within (5) days, we will cancel the PayPal invoice and offer your position in our schedule to someone else.
7. We can not repair every GPS or any GPS on the market. There are makes and models of units that we simply do not carry parts or service information on. There are some units where the cost of the repair would exceed the unit's value.
8. Please do not attack us because we no longer sell parts. It's just too much of a liability issue for us. More information can be found here: Parts
9. Please let us know if your repair is a rush/expedited order. There is a $15.00 USD expedite repair fee.
10. We are unable to provide daily status updates on specific repairs. We will email you when your unit is repaired and ready to be shipped back to you. We will provide you with a detailed repair report as well as tracking information.
11. We only repair GPS products. We do not repair any other types of electronic devices.
12. We are unable to provide drop-off/pickup repair services. All repairs MUST be sent to us by mail.
13. Please do not request a quote for units that have been taken apart by the customer. It is impossible to provide an accurate quote on units of this nature because there may be additional problems created as a result of taking the unit apart by the customer. In the past, we have spent many hours "undoing" damage caused by the customer, before we can even address the original problem. Any unit found to have been tampered with WILL be sent back to the owner at the owner's expense. There are no exceptions!
14. Please do not email us regarding; employment, requests for parts and/or service documentation, sources for parts, partnerships, business ventures, website design/ranking services, etc. These types of correspondence will not be answered.
Thank you for considering SHARCNET-USA as a resource to repair your GPS.
(Message edited by admin on March 04, 2013)