|Posted on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 10:36 am: |
Ok, so perhaps you just updated the bluetooth firmware on your Nuvi 6xx or you just turned it on one day and found that the bluetooth feature was disabled.
You try to re-enable it and it says "Bluetooth Enabled" but the screen locks up, not allowing you to get past the message.
When this happens, it's usually due to a corruption in the bluetooth firmware.
To resolve this issue:
1. Go to the screen that shows the map and where your current position is.
2. Press the icon in the lower left-hand corner that shows your arrival time.
3. You will now come to a dashboard screen. Press and hold your finger on the odometer gauge until you come to the diagnostics page.
4. Press the next button until you reach the bluetooth page.
5. Press the button that says "clear". This will erase any saved phone pairing information on your Nuvi.
6. Now press the UPDT button. You should see a flashing bar at the bottom of the screen that says its upgrading the bluetooth firmware. Wait until it reaches 100% and the flashing bar goes away.
7. Once the update is complete, press exit and you should now be able to enable your bluetooth. You will need to re-pair your phone with your Nuvi.
(c)2010 SHARCNET-USA. This information may not be copied without the express written permission of SHARCNET-USA
(Message edited by admin on November 04, 2010)