|Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 10:33 am: |
Ok, so you turned your Nuvi on and a banner displaying the text "Updating Bluetooth Software" appeared at the bottom of the screen but the status bar is stuck at 0% and won't go any further.
What do you do?
Well first, lets talk about why this happens. It's caused by a corruption in your Nuvi's memory. Something is telling your Nuvi to reload the bluetooth update file, located on your Nuvi, within the "Garmin/Remote SW" folder.
The problem is, that the bluetooth update file, named "006B055301.GCD" is corrupted, so your unit is locked in the updating bluetooth mode.
To fix this problem:
1. Connect your Nuvi to the PC with a USB data cable.
2. Once your PC recognizes the Nuvi, double-click on its drive letter and find the folder named "Garmin". Double-click on this folder and find the folder named "Remote SW". Double-click on this subfolder and delete the file "006B055301.GCD".
3. Select to SAFELY REMOVE your Nuvi in Windows BEFORE removing the data cable and reboot your unit. Your unit should now boot up but bluetooth will no longer work. What you need to do now is save a good working version of the bluetooth update file on your Nuvi.
4. Reconnect your Nuvi to the PC. Download a good copy of the bluetooth firmware here: (version 3.4 - Nuvi 3xx, 6xx, 7xx)
Nuvi 3xx, 6xx, 7xx Bluetooth File v3.4
5. Copy this file over into the Garmin/Remote SW directory on your Nuvi.
6. Select to SAFELY REMOVE your Nuvi in Windows BEFORE removing the data cable and reboot your unit.
Your unit should update properly and function normally.
(Message edited by admin on September 16, 2010)