|Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 02:39 pm: |
Ok, so you've spent a lot of time entering in your favorite locations into your Nuvi. You then buy another Nuvi for your wife and you want to copy all of your favorites into the new Nuvi.
How do you do it? - It's actually quite simple.
First, you have to make a backup of your favorites from the original Nuvi:
1. Connect your original Nuvi to the PC using a USB to mini-USB cable.
2. Using Windows directory, find your Nuvi's drive and double-click on it.
3. Find the folder named "Garmin" and double-click on it.
4. Find the sub-folder named "GPX" and double-click on it.
5. Find the file named "current.gpx" and right-click on it. Then select "copy".
6. Move to your desktop, then right-click and select "paste". You've now made a copy of your favorites file and saved it to your PC.
8. Right-click on the file from your desktop and select "rename".
9. Rename the file "temp.gpx".
10. Select to SAFELY REMOVE your Nuvi from Windows BEFORE you remove the data cable. You can also do this by right-clicking on its drive letter and selecting "safely remove".
Now, Lets clone the favorites to the new Nuvi:
1. Connect your new Nuvi to the PC with the data cable.
2. From your desktop, right-click on the file you just made, "temp.gpx" and select "copy".
3. Now go back to the new Nuvi and go to the same directory as before Garmin/Current.
4. Right-click into the folder and select "paste". You should now have (2) files, one named "current.gpx" and "temp.gpx".
5. SAFELY REMOVE your Nuvi in Windows BEFORE you remove the data cable and allow the new Nuvi to reboot.
The files from your original Nuvi will be merged with whatever was saved on the second Nuvi.
Retain the file "temp.gpx" on your PC. If you ever lose your favorites on your Nuvi, you can restore them from your backup. As you add more and more favorites, you might want to make new backups from your Nuvi to your PC. Name the next backup "temp1.gpx", then "temp2.gpx" and so on. This way you will always have a previous backup on hand.
Tota (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 188.8.131.52
|Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 - 07:12 pm: |
This process woekrd however, the route that I had began, went 127 miles then ended within 1 block of where we started after I downloaded the route, my garmin just tried to take me around the block to the end point, end of trip DUHHHHH
|Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 03:49 am: |
This procedure copies "favorites", not "routes".