|Posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 05:00 pm: |
First, make sure that your phone is supported by your Garmin GPS by clicking on the following link and selecting your phone model.
Phones Compatible with your Garmin GPS
The next thing I always advise people to do is make sure your Nuvi has the latest bluetooth firmware updates. You can use Garmin's WebUpdater to automatically check to see if your Nuvi has the latest firmware updates.
The latest updates are important, because Garmin often updates their bluetooth firmware to give increased compatibility with newer cell phones coming out on the market and to help resolve pairing, connect and/or hang-up issues.
How To pair your phone with a Nuvi
1. Go into your cell phone's bluetooth menu and turn the bluetooth transmitter on. This setting is normally off, because turning on the bluetooth function actually puts an additional drain on your battery.
2. On your Nuvi, press the wrench/tools button and find the bluetooth symbol and press it.
3. Make sure the bluetooth is set to "enabled". If you see it listed as "disabled", press the "disabled" button to turn it on.
4. Press the "Add" function. Your Nuvi will tell you to make sure you have turned on your bluetooth feature on your phone.
5. Next, it will go into "discover mode" looking for a signal from your cell phone. In a few seconds, you should see the name of your phone show up on the Nuvi. If it dosn't show up right away, give it some time. Once it has shown up on your Nuvi's screen, press the name of the phone on your Nuvi and then press "OK".
6. Your Nuvi will give you a default passkey of "1234". On your phone, it should show you the Internal Unit ID number of your Nuvi and ask if you want to pair with it. Select "Yes" on your phone. Your phone will then ask you for the passkey. Type "1234" and press "OK".
Your Nuvi should say that you are now ready to make phone calls. If you back out to the previous menu, you should now see the bluetooth menu, which is only viewable when you have sucessfully paired your Nuvi with your phone.
From this menu you can manually dial a number, voice dial a number and transfer your phone's address book to your Nuvi.
(c)2010 SHARCNET-USA. This information may not be copied without the express written permission of SHARCNET-USA
(Message edited by admin on December 12, 2009)